Liquid Medical Oxygen Storage & Vaporizing system package
INOXCVA serves the Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO) Supply chain with a versatile range of high quality dependable products & services.
Medical OXYGEN is supplied in the form of Medical Liquid Oxygen (LOX) & Medical Gaseous Oxygen (GOX). In India for example, the estimated split of LOX and GOX, is 70% in Liquid form (LOX) and 30% in high pressure Gas Cylinders (GOX).
INOXCVA (INOX India) is supporting the Global war against COVID-19 with uninterrupted supply of Cryogenic tanks & Micro-Bulk units for meet the requirement of Medical Oxygen service (LMO). Putting safety, health and well-being of our employees and customers at the forefront of our operations, despite challenging prevailing conditions, we are committed to maintain steady supplies for LMO installation at hospitals, emergency medical service locations and pharma units.
Typical System for Hospital Installations consist of :
- Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO) Storage Tank
- Ambient Air Vaporizer
- Pressure Regulation Skid
- The interconnecting pipe between tank & Vaporizer
- Foundation Bolts for tank & vaporizer
Following are in the scope of the buyer/Installation:
- 1. Civil Work & PESO approval (online application requiring buyer's data)
- 2. PESO approval for filling & operation of the Medical Oxygen Installation
- 3. Crane/Hydra arrangement for unloading Tank & Vaporiser from truck/trailer & Installation on the foundation
- 4. Fencing & gate around the Installation
- 5. Fire extinguisher & water connection, Lighting, Safety Signature & Earthing pit.
PESO Regulations to be followed for the Installation:
- 1. Allocated Space for Installation Space: WxL: (9mx15m)
- 2. At ground level, without overhead power or other utility cable
- 3. Assigned space to be well connected with internal roads for smooth movement of LMO tanker from/to the Installation
Liquid medical oxygen installation and other modes of supply have their respective logistics, Installation & set-up arrangements. Therefore extent of benefits & advantages of Liquid medical oxygen system vary depending on Hospital size (bed capacity), location, consumption and local supply & service support. The design and installation of medical oxygen supply system for healthcare facilities follows specific requirement and guidelines outlined in following international standards globally;
- HTM 02-01 Medical gas pipeline system – Part A, Design, installation, validation and verification
- AIGA 049/17 Guideline to Medical oxygen supply system for Healthcare facilities.
- NFPA 55 – 2016 – Chapter 9, Bulk Oxygen Systems
There are a number of operational benefits in using a medical liquid oxygen system over compressed gas cylinders, including:
- Enhanced installation safety
- Higher reliability
- Lower operating cost.
- Unmanned operation
- Greater volume of medical oxygen stored on site;
- Improved security of supply;
- Reduced storage area for the medical gas cylinders
- Reduced manual handling requirements for cylinder handling
Following aspects of low pressure Medical Liquid Oxygen installation, compared to supply of Oxygen Gas in High Pressure Cylinders or Cylinder Pallets/Packs, needs mention and relevant consideration:
- Safety :
Liquid oxygen is stored and transported in Cryogenic Storage Tanks, Cryogenic Micro-bulk containers (Liquid Cylinders) and Transport tanks/Trailers at very low operating pressure (<10-15 barg), operates at insignificant risks compared to compressed cylinders which operate at very high pressure (150 / 230 barg) having high risk of operations.
- Due to stringent manufacturing and quality control, LOX storage & transport tanks are globally considered safer than GOX Cylinders. There are many instances Gas Cylinder related accidents caused serious damage to equipment / property, operators compromising patient safety.
- In case of system leakage, Low risk, O2 immediately dispersed in atmosphere, no O2 enrichment for Liquid storage system whereas other modes of supply may prove to be very high risk, creating O2 enriched atmosphere in the confined manifold room, can cause serious health injuries including loss of life for operator / others, uncontrolled fire from electrical flashing.
- Liquid Medical oxygen system does not fall under adiabatic compression test, since operating below 30 Barg, insignificant risks whereas for compressed gas supply system, halogenated polymers in the components may catch fire due to adiabatic compression & create toxic fume, may cease patient life.
- There are no chances of product contamination, since produced, transported and delivered through highly O2 cleaned Stainless steel cryogenic tanks, while cylinder inside rust / dirt can flow with the gas, may compromise patient safety.
- Since Liquid Medical oxygen system featured with un-manned operation, social distancing absolutely possible, which none of the other modes of supply can ensure.
- Ease of Handling :
- Micro-bulk containers & Liquid Cylinders are very light weight and compact, compared to equivalent numbers of Gas cylinders.
- A Typical 1000 liter Micro-bulk unit services Medical Oxygen requirement equivalent to approx. 130 Gas Cylinders, thereby reducing the frequency of handling, transporting and re-filling of Gas Cylinders.
- Whereas 100 Gas Cylinder will need a 16 Ton capacity truck to transport; a 1000 liter Micro-bulk container can transported in a 7 Ton Truck.
- Lifting/shifting of Cylinders from Filling location to/from Hospitals:
- Lifting / Shifting of Micro-bulk Containers is very easy as compared to heavy gas cylinders.
- Steel cylinders are filled in Gas filling stations, transported to the hospital, un-loaded and connected to the Hospital Gas supply system, OR directly placed at the point of use, i.e. patient bedside, or ward, operation theatre etc.
- Gas cylinder are consumed quickly due to its capacity, requires frequent dis-connecting, moving it out & replacing by filled cylinder, meanwhile empty cylinder is sent back to supplier to re-fill. The entire process involves multiple handling, considerable time, effort, costs and risk.
- In comparison, Micro-bulk units can be quickly, conveniently and easily installed at hospitals, on the ground level, with simple Oxygen supply piping from the unit to point(s) of application, i.e. patient bedside, or ward, operation theatre etc.
- Micro-bulk units are very easy to operate, not requiring repetitive process therefore requiring very limited persons for handling.
- The LMO delivery truck driver is trained to fill liquid from truck into the Micro-bulk container/ Tank installed, at 30 % consumption level, thus ensuring un-interrupted Oxygen supply. Comparatively Gas cylinders require considerably more manpower to manage logistics, installing / dis-connecting and loading / unloading after every cycle of use.
- Contamination due to handling & operations:
- Steel cylinders are normally placed near the point of use, i.e. patient bedside / room / ward and have very high chances of contamination by the patient / visitors/ medical & cleaning staff.
- These cylinders are frequently handled by several people during logistics, loading/unloading, connecting/dis-connecting, leading to spread of contamination due to multiple handing.
- Virus remain live on metallic surfaces for considerably long time, posing risk of spreading infection.
- In comparison the Micro-bulk units or Liquid Cylinders are installed outside the building un-touched by patients, hospital staff who attend to patients nor the house-keeping or internal cleaning staff.
- Proven Technology:
- Supply of liquid oxygen to hospitals through Storage Tanks and Micro bulk Equipment is globally proven technology and widely followed in all developed & developing countries.
- In India has >1000 hospitals installed with Cryogenic tanks or Micro-bulk units or Liquid Cylinders, that ensure uninterrupted supply of high purity oxygen, without any installation or operational challenges.
- Operational advantages:
- Rock steady supply pressure, never fluctuates irrespective of vessel content depletions, whereas other modes of supply as the cylinder pressure goes below 40 Barg, system experience pressure fluctuations and unsteady supply pressure.
- No chances of system component leakages since all components are welded, while other mode of supplies experience high maintenance need since pigtails damages due to frequent operation, causing gas loss, higher opex, downtime, reliability and patient safety.
- Entire refilled quantity can be used, no wastage, no financial losses, whereas below 6 – 8 Barg cylinder pressure, gas cannot be consumed, to be returned to supplier for which gas cost already paid, financial loss.
- Mini bulk product upto 5.5 KL e.g. Portacryo, Maxcyl, LC etc. can be installed and commissioned within same day.
INOXCVA manufacture & supply Cryogenic Tanks, Micro-bulk and Liquid Cylinders for storage & transportation of Medical Liquid Oxygen. Products can be supplied in short lead time.